Scholarships for Speedway, Inc. has two unique scholarship categories:
High School Senior Scholarships and Continuing Education Scholarships.
Please see below for more information about each type of scholarship and its
associated application form.
High School Senior Scholarships:
1. Applicants must be a Senior who will graduate from Speedway High School.
2. Applicants must be planning to attend an accredited college, university,
technical or vocational school.
3. Deadline for applying is in January each year. (See application for exact date)
4. Applicants must fill out the entire application which consists of an
essay, a Student Information Page, Qualification Pages, and an Acknowledgement/Release
form and turn it in to the Guidance Office at Speedway High School before the
5. DO NOT put your name on the application. The Guidance Office will assign a
confidential student number to your application and essay.
6. Scholarships will be awarded at the SHS Honor Night program.
Click here for the 2023 High School Senior Scholarship Application
Continuing Education Scholarships:
1. Continuing Education Scholarships are available to college students for their
second, third and fourth year of college.
2. The student must be a resident of Speedway, Indiana.
3. Information regarding the topic for continuing education scholarship essays
is available in May of each year. The essay topic is available on this website
and through local media press releases.
Application Deadline & Essay Topic:
2022 Topic: "After graduating from college, you have a job interview where you are asked to explain three qualities you possess that will make you a great employee. What is your answer?"
2022 Deadline: All applications and essays are due by Monday, June 6th at 10:00pm to:
2121 North Lynhurst Drive
Speedway, IN 46224
Home Phone: (317)-243-9753
Cell Phone: (317)-418-0416
Application consists of the following information:
1. Submit one cover page with the following:
Address (must be a resident of Speedway)
High School Attended and Date of Graduation
Name of College in which currently enrolled
A List of Community Service activities
A List of Extracurricular activities
2. Submit one copy of a college report giving evidence that at least one year of study (24 credits) has been completed.
3. Submit three copies of the required essay which is no longer than two 8.5 x 11 inch double-spaced pages.
(Do not put your name on the essays.)
4. The subject of the essay may change each year and is revealed in a press release in late spring.
5. Incomplete applications or applications turned in after the submission deadline will be ineligible.
For more information, please visit the FAQ